Today I spend a special moment with a very good friend. My friend Charlene was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in Dec. She is such an inspiration. I've never met anyone who is able to take things head on with such strength and a positive outlook. After undergoing surgery, she began Chemo three weeks ago. Well, today was the day that her hair began to really fall out. She had gotten a really cute wig a few weeks ago and decided that today was the day that she was going to shave off her hair and start wearing that really cute and sassy wig. She decided that she wanted to share the moment with her family and a few of her good friends. Although it was a very serious time, it was taken on with a few laughs. Erica and Candice went to Party City and bought bald wigs and wore them in. We all laughed, including Charlene. Her wonderful husband and kids did the honors of cutting and shaving. If you have ever met her husband Curt , you know it was a laugh a minute. I think he is thinking about going to Barber School. The final act was the debut of Lola, the wig. She looked absolutely adorable in it. Thanks Charlene for letting me be a part of it. Your a real trooper. I will post some pictures when I get them. You can check out Charlene's Journey at her blog. The address is charleneholbrook.blogspot.com.
Monday, February 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
You have been such an amazing friend...through the good times and the bad. I am so grateful for our friendship. I was happy to share my "moment" with you and the others. It ended up being a lot of fun.
Thank you for everything.
Love ya,
Charlene
Post a Comment