I have to admit, I have a small addiction to Runts. Those little fruit flavored Candy from Willy Wonka. Actually to be honest, I have a small addiction to candy. Not chocolate like most people but Candy, sweet, sour, hard, soft, chewy, heck any kind of candy. On my last trip to Walmart I noticed that the supply of Runts was severely diminishing . The big bin they have up front of movie theater candy was lacking in Runts. I had to dig half way down to find a box. This got me a little worried that there may a Runt Shortage. Screw the gas shortage or energy crisis, this is SERIOUS !!! I bought several boxes just to get me through. My friend Charlene also shares this addiction and she knows she can count on me when she needs a fix of candy and her stash is gone. So, I generously gave her a box of Runts. The next day I went to Target only to discover they had NO RUNTS !!! At my weekly grocery store trip, I found NO RUNTS !!! I immediately called Charlene and told her to return whatever Runts she had left in the box. Hey there is a shortage here and I can't be without. She politely told me she had finished the box. (sure). But she made up for it, while at the pharmacy she found Runts and bought me a bag full. How sweet was that ??? I think this should get me by until I can find more.
Thanks Charlene you really know how to make a girl happy.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Ahhhh That's What Friends are For
Posted by Pocketful of Posh Boutique at 9:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Too funny!! I don't think I will look at a box of Runts the same way now.
I too share a love of Runts. I wish they just made a box of banana runts. I do like the pineapple flavor as well. How nice of Charlene! I remember years and years ago I loved the strawberry charleston chews and then I started to not be able to find them so.... I literally bought 100 bars! Those were eaten long ago and now I can't find them. I understand the fear of a favorite candy no longer being around-- quite scary!
Stacey, Charleston Chews are so good!! I will ever be on the look out for you Monda. Runts, Diet Dr. Pepper Berries and Cream...they always phase out the best stuff!
You could always go to the candy machines at the mall (they always have Runts) and bring like 100 quarters.
Post a Comment