Thursday, May 15, 2008

A New Hobby for Mom

After a lot of talk from all the girls about how great the Twilight Series Books are, I decided it was time I started reading again. Well, we all knew that I'm a little OCD. I get on something and go full steam ahead. I just can't read a few pages at night, put the book down when the clock says 1:00am, or be NORMAL!!!!!!!!!!! So last Thursday, I dragged(not really I Love to Shop) myself down to the bookstore. I LOVE bookstores. I love to buy books. I just never have the time to read them. I left with two books. The first being Bitter is the new Black. A biography of sorts from a women who was laid off from her high powered, big money making job, to find out that nobody else would hire her. So she started a blog to air her complaints and to bad mouth a few companies. Her blogs have been turned into books. This girl is hysterical. I actually kinda see myself in her. We both have a habit of either saying the wrong thing, saying too much or forgetting to use TACT. I started the book on Saturday (after my big VOMIT fest) and have managed to finish the book. Maybe not a great feat for some, but for me this a first since having kids. But at what cost you ask? Sleep. Which I think is totally overrated. Look at me now, its 11:30 and I should be in bed. Especially for someone who got only four hours of it last night. ( I put that book down at 2:30) Any hoo, I finished that Da** Book and will be starting the next one. The much talked about Twilight Series. Its about Love and Vampires.
WHAT ???? I will be back in a few days to give you a real review of the book. Oh and there is two more in the series and a fourth one due out soon. OH, and they are making a Movie. Love and Vampires, I just don't know about this. I prefer a murder mystery or a comedy. But some of the greatest people I know says it Totally Rocks. Except for Donna, who hasn't made it past chapter 4 in 6 months. I was gonna wait for her to finish and borrow it from her but at the rate she's going, I will have seen the movie by then. But I really like Donna so I'm thinking she might be on to something.

Good Night and Happy Reading.

PS. I need to get a book light. I think my husband is getting a little annoyed.

3 comments:

Owen said...

HAHAHAHA!!!! You are a riot! Let me know how the reading is going!

Donna said...

YUP! I'm still on chapter 4!! I suck! I know if I would just do it I would love it! Maybe that's what i'll do in Vegas...READ...NOT!
Enjoy your reading! Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

I have the perfect Book Light for you - LightWedge!!
The magic of the patented technology in the LightWedge is in the tapered, "wedge" shape of the optical grade, acrylic lens. Two bright LED's housed in the handle shoot light through the tapered lens and direct all of the light down onto the page. None escapes to dirturb others around you!
Saved My Marriage!!
You can purchase at
www.biggerandbrighter.com