Here is a conversation I had with Emily on the way home from school.
Emily- Joey doesn't play with me anymore at recess.
Mom- Why not Emily?
Emily- I don't know, he just looks at me and makes a face. I don't understand Mom, in First Grade he was my BFF, in Second Grade we were BFFs and now that we are in Third Grade he is no longer my BFF.
Mom- Well Emily, boys get like that, it's okay to have girls as friends and then one day girls have cooties.
Emily- It still makes me sad.
I know that a lot of girls use the term BFF, but I've never heard her say it. It made me realize that she is growing up and becoming a tween. It was so cute to hear her talk grown up.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
BFF
Posted by Pocketful of Posh Boutique at 11:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
OHHHH poor Emily. Just tell her that in about 5 years he'll be driving her crazy and she'll be saying "mom Joey won't leave me alone" :) Cute story.
Post a Comment