When the girls go swimming at my moms they like to play swim teacher. ( Steph, you must of left an impression) My mom is always telling the girls about using a lifeline if someone is ever in trouble in the water. She has also told them that the last resort is you going in after them.
All of us were out for an evening swim with our neighbors, when their little boy jumped in and his floaty came off. When he came up he started to panic, Abbi swam over to him, put him under her arm and swam with him to the play platform. Abbi yelled for me so that I could help her. Us moms with our babies in our arms swam over there to help her. I was so proud of her. She knew what to do, stayed calm and in true Abbi style swam off embarrassed. I think he may listen now when we tell him not to jump in the pool, that his ring would not keep him safe. Just for the record, we told him that several times but you know kids, they have to find out themselves.
Friday, June 27, 2008
Abbi's Good Deed
Posted by Pocketful of Posh Boutique at 3:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Abbi is an inspiration for me to take swimming lessons at Sun Lakes when I come out to visit in late August. I certainly want to be able to join her in the pool!
Grandma Ohio
Post a Comment