So far we have had a pretty busy summer. Despite Emily saying she is bored all time. Since I have been so bad about posting on my blog, I thought I would just do ONE LONG post. So sit back, grab a drink and enjoy.

Since Baseball Season started, Greg has been going to the game on Friday Nights with his friend Russ. Charlene and I use these nights as our chance to hang out with the kids, swim, cookout, and relax. Curt has been either working late or busy with Boy Scouts so it works out great. Last time we decided to open the party up to others and we ended up with 14 people
Greg and I took the girls to see Kung Fu Panda the weekend it came out. We had a great time. The movie was actually pretty good. I wouldn't ask Ms. Juls what she thought thou, cuz I saw out of the corner my eye, a big blob of blonde hair bobbing up and down. Yes, Ms. Juls fell asleep. Russ, Vicki, Alyssa and Becca also came along to see movie. My girls hate going anywhere with out their bestest friends with them.
After the movie we stopped by my parents house for a quick visit. I got the girls to wear matching dresses and I wanted my mom to see. This may not seem like a big deal to most people but getting Abbi to wear something you want her to wear is quite the challenge.
We have also had weekly pool parties at Grandma and Grandpa's. Granny Wanda comes over and brings Emily her famous Ice Tea and Deviled Eggs. Hmmm no one has asked me if there is something special they can make for me. Once the grandkids come we're just chop liver. We swim for a while, have lunch and then take another quick swim. Of course the party always ends with Emily begging for a sleep over at Grandmas. And yes, Granny gives them just that. They went for a sleep over one night and ended up staying for two days. It was very lonely without my big girls.

Last Friday, my brother Mike and his girlfriend Jessica took the girls to see The Chronicles of Naria. The girls had a blast with them. The ate junk until I think they were all sick. The girls came home with new sunglasses, left over candy for mom, a bouquet of flowers for me and a card that plays the Star Wars theme for Greg.
My friend Darla finally arrived in Arizona. She came in on Saturday, I'm sure when she stepped off that plane and was greeted by the 115 degree heat she probably thought to herself what have I gotten myself into. She stayed with us Saturday night, we spent the day Saturday lounging by the pool catching up, watching the girls swim, grilling out and of course enjoying a few cocktails.
She headed back to Ohio today to finish packing up her family and will be back at the end of July.
I plan on doing a better job of keeping my blog up to date so I don't have to post these really long ones again.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Our Summer So Far
Posted by Pocketful of Posh Boutique at 12:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Wow! Looks like a great time! How come I wasn't invited? :)
Post a Comment