Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Bringing in the Dirty Thirties with Style, Class and Faith



I know that your thinking WHAT?????? Monda is well past her Dirty Thirties and working hard on her Naughty Forties. Or is that the Fighting Forties? (fighting gravity) My friend Charlene turned the BIG 30 on April 15th. so we had to bring it in right.

Thursday -- The partying begins


First up is Bunco. Erica and Candice surprised Charlene with a cake. Not just any cake but a cake to beat all cakes. Take a look at this. Candice couldn't pass up a girls weekend celebrating the Dirty Thirties so she booked a flight and helped bring it in right. We are so glad she did. It wouldn't have been the same without her.

The story behind the cake--- You gotta read her blog. You'll find out a few things about Charlene that will leave you in stitches. Her she is embarrassed by all the attention.


Erica was disappointed to find out when they cut into the cake that it wasn't the White Cake with Strawberry Filling she wanted umm I mean ordered. She wavered back and forth if she should still eat it? Was it really worth the calories? Now anyone with good sense should know that CAKE is always worth it. Here is her Decision.

No, that isn't frosting on her teeth :0) Remember, it wasn't the White Cake with Strawberry Filling she ordered. But, sometimes a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. It was however, Chocolate with a pudding filling. I didn't care what it kind it was, I ate it and it was GOOD.

After a great dinner (thanks Stacy) and dessert it was time to let the games begin. Let the Buncos fall were they may I say. Did I mention before that those Buncos landed in MY lap. Yep that's right, ME, the one who usually wins the prize for the lowest score. I not only won for the Most Buncos but also for the highest score. Here is me showing off my prize. A gift certificate to Fusion Nails. All girls (especially this girl) love pedicures. I ended taking my two big girls to get their toes done. Katie will have to wait another year or two.



Can see me in the background? I think I was still shoveling food down me. After a successful night at Bunco we all headed home to rest up for the next night's festivities.

Friday----- Even More Partying

For Charlene's birthday, I took her out shopping. I knew that if I was to get her gift certificate she would buy herself some small item and spend the rest on her kids. Not what her gift certificate should be spent on. Melissa kept the two youngest boys so that we could have complete and total concentration. Thanks Melissa your AWESOME! !!! I'm sure it wasn't easy. Char and I shopped till we dropped. We came away with a few new shirts and a pair of shoes. We headed home in time to pick up the big kids from school and take a rest so that we can head out for a night on the town. We all met at Charlene's house before leaving for dinner at BJ's Brewery. Yummm, I love their avocado rolls. Candice and Erica showed up with a Princess Tiara and a Birthday Girl sash for her to wear. I'm sure she half expected it. Those two are always up to something. These are the same girls who showed up in bald heads to show support when she buzzed her head. They are amazing girls, who remind you that you just have to laugh at what comes your way.



At dinner we were seated next to another birthday party for a little girl who turned maybe 8 or 9 who was also wearing a Tiara. Your never told old to wear the crown. Here is the gang, Erica, Ashley, Candice, Dona, Melissa, Trisha, Charlene (one with the Tiara on) Me, (cute one in the back next to Erica, who is almost as cute as me)



While we waited for our dinner we had Charlene open her presents. Erica and Candice struck again. They gave her a bag of double bubble bubble gum, and the George Michael DVD of his top music videos. She had a huge crush on him or maybe it was obsession . I think we all did at one time. As for the gum, you gotta read her blog to find out about the gum. All I'm gonna say is maybe that is why I dreamed about the red m&m blowing bubbles out his butt.



On the way to the movies, we popped the DVD into player and ROCKED OUT !!!!! I would have loved to know what the people around us were thinking. I can't believe I remembered all the words. What was that line about a monkey on your back. Looking back, I can't believe we didn't know he was gay. Hello.... just look at him. But he could wear a pair of jeans. Emm Emmm MMM





We went to see JUNO, if you haven't seen this movie, it is a must. Due to be a cult classic I'm sure. We laughed, ate popcorn, cried, ate runts and laughed some more. Candice while your passing me the tissues can you spare a tootsie roll. I wasn't sure what to expect from the movie but I ended up LOVING IT!!!! I haven't had that great of a time in a while. At around midnight we finally called it quits. We do need our beauty sleep. Especially when a few of us had to be up and out by 7:30 am for soccer games.

Don't worry the fun doesn't stop there. There is more to come, way more but your gonna have to wait. I have had very little sleep due to a sick 4 month old, and I really need to lay my body down. Catch you up later. Hey you waited this long for my posts whats a little longer.

0 comments: