Since Charlene's actual birthday wasn't until the 15th. (Uggh Tax Day) and we had celebrated the whole weekend, I think she thought the Partying was Over. Well it might have been for her, but us girls were preparing to add the finishing touches. One night on one of our walks we thought (okay I thought) it would be fun to decorate her front yard the night before her birthday. As I was trying to get to sleep, I thought how fun would it be if we could decorate her yard with some pink flamingos. Then on a trip to Target, there they were, sitting in the dollar spot, big bright flamingos for yard. It was one of those moments that you'd wish would happen more often in life. Ask and you shall receive. On Monday Night, Charlene and Curt went to the Suns game and the girls and I got busy. I forgot how fun toilet papering was. It is definitely a lot harder to toilet paper in Arizona than it was in Ohio. All the trees in our neighborhood are still small. We had to hand that job over to Melissa. Her years as a cheerleader shows in her work. Sarah made a big sign and a bunch of 30 signs for the walkway. Christina, Sarah, Melissa and myself went to town and here is the finished project.
Later in the evening, I was one my way to the bathroom and I looked out the window in passing and saw them pulling up the drive. I was a little worried how Curt was going to take the whole mess. A second later, I saw the flash from Charlene's camera I thought now was a good time to go out and face the music. After a great Suns game I figured the mood was good and I had a better chance of facing Curt. They both were laughing and loved the creativity. Here are some pictures of the mess in the daylight.
Hope your 30th birthday was a memorable one. Wait till you turn 40.
Friday, April 25, 2008
More Birthday Celebrating with the Dirty Thirty Year Old
Posted by Pocketful of Posh Boutique at 6:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Way to go girls!! I was such a lame-o sick lady that night and it definatley looks like I missed out on some good ol' fun! The TPing was a nice touch!!!
Post a Comment