Wednesday, April 9, 2008

An Olympic Hopeful




Abbi has been taking gymnastics for almost a year. This is one activity she really enjoys. She knows every Karate move and can even tell you everything about soccer from watching her sister. But she prefers the sidelines. As you have probably noticed, Abbi doesn't have a lot of blog time. There is a reason for that. It isn't because she is not involved in any activities nor is it that she doesn't have silly moments. She just has a thing about me telling her business to other people. You may think I'm kidding but she doesn't like for me to talk about her, good or bad, to ANYONE. I made that mistake one night while we were out for dinner. She turned her head and looked at me with those big blue eyes, and said with complete sincerity, " I told you before, I DON'T WANT YOU TELLING PEOPLE ABOUT ME". Picture this cute, little girl clenching her jaw and giving her mom a rash. We all know me too well and we all know I was going to make the same mistake again. So, a few days later, I was talking to my mom on the phone and Abbi started having a conversation with me. My mom asks "what she is saying" and I of course repeat it. WELL...... NOT a GOOD IDEA. She looked at me again with her jaw clenched and said "I've told you before and don't make me tell you again, STOP telling people about me". Have I learned my lesson?? NO!! I do try to be a little more discreet though. She is a very private person and feels very betrayed if you tell anyone about her going ons. If she wants you to know, she'll tell you herself.

She is such a sweet and loving girl. But... make no mistake about it, she means it when she says "Don't tell people about me" no matter who you are or what she's done. So, if she ever makes the Olympic Gymnastic team, you didn't hear it from me.

0 comments: