Monday, July 7, 2008

Swimmies VS Diapers

Just so we all know, I love to spend money, shop etc.... but I hate spending money on something I think is just another way for the big guys to make money. So my latest tyrant are those swimming diapers. I just don't think they were necessary, I mean my other two kids swam in a diaper, my generation and generations before me swam in just a diaper. So what the hell??? Of course poop and pee probably polluted the pool but hey, that's the chance you take. I do have a few big swimmies laying around for Char's kids but I haven't used them on Katie. I just put a clean diaper on her and off we go. Well, that was until today, I am now convinced. One day last week we came in from the pool and her diaper had exploded. Little whites beads everywhere. Thought that was just a fluke. Well... it happened again today. So I guess I now see the need for the swimmies. But how come the diaper never exploded before with those other kids???? A gimmick I tell ya, just another way from the big guy to make money.

7 comments:

Owen said...

I've totally had the gelly things explode at my house too. It sucks. So sorry, but it looks like the "man" wins again. Keep trying to get em though. I reuse my swim diapers if they look fine...turn em inside out and lay in the sun to dry. When you're swimming 1-2 times a day, it helps!! Sorry if that's gross.

Jennifer said...

And regular diapers weigh like 50 pounds when soaking wet.

Donna said...

On behalf of all the other swimmwers and myself I want to say thanks for using an actual swim diaper......it's a little more "sanitary".:):) Rip-off or not i don't want to swim in poop! I'm really weird about this kinda stuff! You are sooo funny! I never thought a thing of it...I love the swim diapers...best invention EVER!! Sorry....hehehehe:):):)

Charlene said...

...laundry detergent...swim diapers...what's next?!!

It's definately a conspiracy! Better try to stick it to "the man" another way. Swim diapers are a MUST!

Stacey said...

The gel stuff gives me gag reflexes just thinking about it. One of our friends put a regular diaper on his little girl at a resort. Later, he wondered who spilled all the margarita salt next to his lounge chair.... yep-diaper gel.

Melissa and Trevor said...

The only thing worse than diaper gell in the pool is in the washer, I have had that happen before and it is just sick! glad you made the switch!

Anonymous said...

Is that what was in the filter?!